The Super Bowl is finally here! While some fans will be braving the cold watching the game at the stadium, here are some tips and ideas for enjoying the game in the comfort of your own warm home, surrounded by friends!
1) Free football party printablesParty printables are a great way to give your party style and polish without spending a ton. I used the free Game Day printable set on Catch My Party to decorate my table. There were so many fun files to choose from. I used the banner, water bottle labels, signs, and straw flags. I just printed them out, cut them out and got styling!
They even have a downloadable printable file with team logos you can use!
2) Artificial turf as my tableclothI used a roll of artificial turf that I picked up at Home Depot for less than $20, and set it out as my table cover. It was the perfect way to set the stage for my table.
3) DIY DecorI found a couple of small, clear clipboards from the 99cent Only Store, and spray painted them black. They served as great holders for the signs I created to decorate my table. I also wrapped a piece of foam board with black and white chevron wrapping paper to serve as my table backdrop.
4) Inexpensive serving dishes and platesI also set out my food using football themed party trays & platters I found at Target a few years back. The paper plates and napkins were from Party City. I just keep my eye out for inexpensive themed trays and platters, and have started a collection.
5) Party foodI served fun, festive, and inexpensive finger foods. Who doesn't like pizza at a football party? I served pizza bread & dipping sauce as my main dish...
I also served popcorn in mini bags to make my guests feel like they were at the game...
And chocolate cupcakes for a quick, easy dessert! My cupcakes were store bought, so I dressed them up with printable toppers and themed cupcake wrappers.
I also added labels to the water bottles, and added printable straw flags to my brown and white paper straws. This gave my beverages a simple makeover.
Hope you can use these ideas for your party. Until then, stay warm, and go Seattle... I mean, Denver!Thank you, Laura, for these easy Game Day party tips. I wish I could come to your house on Sunday! To learn more about Laura, find her at Laura's Little Party and on Facebook and Pinterest.