How cute for Valentine's Day!
Eileen Behar of Behar Party Designs created this tulle heart wreath tutorial for us to share. Thank you, Eileen!
This wreath is a lot easier to make than it looks. All you need are the following items from your local craft store and a little patience (sometimes hard for me).
- 1 styrofoam heart wreath base
- 1 large roll of red wedding tulle (or pink, whatever choice of colors that you choose, or you can make more than one color)
- Cut your tulle into about 8 inch strips (I tend to cut about 10 at a time and then start to tie on the wreath base so I don’t cut too much of my tulle and have spare left over for another project)
- Take the tulle and tie it around the base – I started at the top peak of the heart (NOTE: top peak and bottom point are the trickiest to cover). I tie a double knot and then take another piece of tulle and criss cross tie it over the previous knot, so there is a double overlay for each. Here are some photos demonstrating the knot.
- Continue the above step until you have covered the entire heart base.
- When all is covered, take your scissors and trim the tulle to your liking so it has the dimensions and shape you are looking for . (I actually cut and trim as I go along, but everyone has their own way of doing things.)
- Use your favorite tulle or ribbon and loop through the tulle in the back of the top part of the wreath to create a hanger and VOILA.. A beautiful, inexpensive Valentine’s Day wreath for a gift or to decorate your home or office.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at beharpartydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Thank you, Eileen, for sharing your easy tutorial with us!