For the little kids she made homemade "art supply" favors (I know, great!), and for the older kids, she made these chocolate painters' palettes. So cute. Well, here's how...
I created a template which you can download for free.
- I printed out my template, placed it on a cookie tray and covered it with wax paper.
- In a double boiler I melted chocolate then placed the melted chocolate in a piping bag.
- With the piping bag I traced the outline of the palette on the template then filled in the outline with more chocolate.
- I used the back of a spoon to smooth each palette out then placed a red, yellow, green and blue M&M onto the soft chocolate to resemble paint drops.
- When finished, I popped the tray into the fridge to harden the chocolate.
- Once they were hard, I wrapped each pallet in a plastic bag and tied it up with bakers twine.