It looks easy and only takes about an hour.
For the Topping:
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish or eight 6-ounce ramekins (if you are using ramekins, double the filling).
- Make the topping: Whisk the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in the almonds. Work in the butter with your fingers until evenly moistened.
- Make the filling: Toss the blueberries, granulated sugar, flour and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared dish or ramekins and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Squeeze handfuls of the crumble mixture and scatter on top of the fruit. Bake until golden and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. (Oh, I desire!)
Also, if you need any fun free Memorial Day printables, check out these festive party circles.