Now that Sex and the City 2 is premiering on May 27th, I thought it was time to write about how to throw your own Sex and the City 2 themed party.
First off, you can always start old school.
- For drinks serve cosmopolitans, Manhattans, Long Island ice teas, or appletinis
- For food, Chinese food and sushi are two show favorites
- Send fancy invitations and ask your guests to dress as their favorite character
- For atmosphere, put out boas, scarves, gloves, sunglasses, flower pins, and jewelry
- To create a NYC backdrop, hang twinkle lights and blow up some pictures of the New York City skyline
- Play the show DVDs, the first movie, or the movie soundtrack during the party
- Play the Sex and the City trivia game
But now to make it more current, add some Middle Eastern flavor.
- Serve some middle eastern dishes like hummus, tabouleh, falafel, baba ganoush, and kebabs
- Decorate with sand, blow up palm trees, and toy camels
- Provide colorful scarves for your guests and have a belly dancing contest
- Create a game to see who can point to Abu Dhabi on a map
- Get "Team Aidan" and "Team Big" t-shirts made to give out as party favors
Just 21 days until opening day... but who's counting.