HP is the new sponsor of our free printables page and we're excited.
What this means for you is we will be rolling out new collections of free printables sponsored by HP for Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years, and beyond. Plus we'll be doing HP printer giveaways!
And what this means for me is HP sent me an HP Officejet 7500A and I got to try it out for my most recent printables project.
My friend, Debby, is throwing a birthday party on Halloween for her son, Zachary, and I volunteered to put together the decorations. Since they wanted scary and creepy I chose our "Gothic" printables collection created by Mimi's Dollhouse.
So for the last couple of days I've been using my spiffy new printer with the HP glossy brochure paper they also sent me, and how do I feel about it? I love it!
Here's a picture of my new printer.
Now to be fair, before this I was using a junky printer ready for the e-waste bin, so anything would be an upgrade, but this printer has definitely exceeded my expectations.
Here's what I like about it:
- It's easy to use. So far I've been able to figure out everything myself. (Disclaimer: my husband, David, did the initial set-up.)
- Everything I print looks incredibly professional -- the printables came out perfect, as did the photos I printed. I'd never used glossy brochure paper before for printables, but I'm now a convert.
- The printer can print documents and photos in a variety of sizes from 3 x 5 to 13 x 19 inches. I've been trying this out by printing different photo sizes but I have not yet ventured into the 13x19 inch territory.
- The printer has a cool feature where I can take a photo with my iPhone, email it to an address I set up on the HP site, and the printer will automatically print it. I'm talking with my friend Debby about possibly bringing the printer over to her house the night of her Halloween party, so as guests take photos with their phones, they can email them to the printer and walk away with instant prints - self-serve photo printing in a snap, interesting idea, right?
- The printer has built in apps where I can download and print files like Disney coloring sheets. I've just started to explore this feature, but since my daughter is a huge Ariel fan, you have no idea how useful this is at giving her something to do when I'm trying to cut out printables, and she wants to be my "helper." :)
Very soon we will be giving away an HP Officejet 7500A just like mine. I know you will love it. Stay tuned...