Posts Tagged ‘Circle Fans’
If you read my Facebook page you know I'm always showing off circle fan rosette backdrops. What I love about them is they're easy to make (you just fold paper like a fan and pinch in the middle, then attach a couple fans together) and they add dimension to a wall or dessert table. Here are some of my favorite circle fan rosettes from our site.
(Click on the photo to see what party they're from.)making your own circle fan rosette backdrop.
Ali P made this paper wheel backdrop for her Let's Go Nuts Dinner Party and when I posted a photo of it on Facebook, the response was incredible. People kept wanting to know how she did it.
Well, Ali kindly put together this tutorial for us, so thank you, Ali! Now take it away...
Making a wall of wheels, or paper rosettes, is a great way to make a HUGE impact at a party without a lot of fuss or cost. I bought a pack of paper and some doilies - that's it! Here's a basic tutorial on how to make this great back drop.
- Scrapbook paper or card stock
- Glue gun
1. To make a large wheel; fold 3 sheets of paper accordion or fan style,
2. Fold each fan in half and staple edges together.
3. Next, staple all three folded fans to each other to complete your wheel.
4. For a smaller wheel you fold 1 sheet of paper into a fan. Cut it in half.
5. Fold those halves in half again and staple. You only need 2 sections to make a circle for this smaller wheel.
6. You can leave the large and small wheels plain or stack them with a doilie for added effect. I hot glued all the layers for the stacked rosettes.
7. I added my wheels to my wall by poking them through with nails. If you can't put nails in your wall, I've seen it done by using hot glue to attach them to a large poster board or foam core board.
8. Add as many as you want to the wall and layer with different sizes and papers.
I hope this helps! I'm sure I'll use this party backdrop trick again and again.
Thank you, Ali, for taking the time to put this tutorial together. But what did you do with the holes in your wall when you were all done? :)