Posts Tagged ‘Construction Party’
We've gotten some amazing construction-themed parties on our site. For the boy who loves building, trucks, and dirt this is the theme for him! Take a look at these parties for some serious inspiration...
Christina D's Dig In - A Construction 1st Birthday
Christine K's Camden's Under Construction Birthday Party
Kelly S's David's 1st Birthday
I asked Christine if she would share how she made them, so she put together this fabulous tutorial for us. Thank you, Christine!
So here's what Christine had to say...
For Camden's construction theme birthday party, I made tool belts with 3 compartments to hold pretend hammers, wrenches, and pliers. They're not just great for carrying tools. The kids use them to lug Legos, crayons, and little cars.
- Cut fabric into two 13 3/4" W x 14 3/4" H pieces.
- Cut two 18" long pieces of ribbon.
- Pin ribbon 3/4" from the top edge of the left and right sides of the printed fabric.
- Place the solid fabric, front side down, over the printed fabric, and then pin together.
- Sew along the edges using a 1/4" seam allowance. Be sure to sew over the ribbon at least twice and leave about a 4" gap at the top.
- Turn the fabric inside out.
- With the solid side facing up, fold the bottom over until it's 3 1/4" from the top.
- To make the different compartments, sew along the left and right edges. Then sew another line down the middle and one 3 1/8" from the right.
- Finally, hand stitch the opening along the top.
To learn more about Christine and to get more of her party inspirations, check out her blog, Following Phubie. And you must take a look at the Mad Science Birthday Party she threw for her daughter. It's inspiring.