Posts Tagged ‘Crown’
Nicole from Tikkido is here today with an adorable (and easy) floral crown craft. My daughter will want me to make her one this instant!Having a woodland fairy party soon? Heading to a Renaissance Fair? Or maybe you just have a kid who loves to play dress up. There are dozens of good reasons to find an excuse to make these darling floral crowns.
Materials and Equipment Needed:
- Grapevine Floral Wire (available at any craft store)
- Silk flowers
- Hot glue gun
- Wire cutters
- Crystal beads
All you need to do is wrap the grapevine wire in a circle big enough to sit on a head. It's better to make the circle a little on the big side, because it can always be pinched and bent a bit for smaller kids, but if you make the crown too small, it's going to be very difficult to keep it in place. Especially on wiggly little kids.
Embellish the crown by using a hot glue gun to attach a few silk flowers. I like to add a crystal bead to the center of each flower to make a sparkling center. It's fast, it's easy, but it makes the crown look all that much more magical!
To learn more about Nicole (who enjoys decorating cakes but not eating them, Irish dancing, public radio, Old English language and archaeology, and geekery of all sorts), visit her at Tikkido and Tradewind Tiaras.
Are you planning to have a party to watch the Royal Wedding on April 29th? Well, here are some FREE printables designed by Catherine of Design Editor to make your party even more regal and fun.
This collection includes:
- A PARTY INVITATION: Get the gang together with this simple invite. The area for the party details is editable or you can write-in the details by hand. Fits in an A2 size envelope (4 3/8" x 5 3/4").
- ROYAL PENNANTS: Blue and red 4.25" tall pennants can be strung on a ribbon as a banner or use individually as flags. Files include templates for easy trimming.
- PARTY SQUARES: Festive 2" squares can be used as envelope seals, treat toppers, gift tags, stickers, and more.
- UNION JACK WRAPS: Dress up your drinks! One inch tall strips wrap around cups, stems of glassware or straws. Pop on skewers to make mini-flags or food picks.
- QUEEN'S CROWN: Add ribbon around the back to wear or use in your decor. Kids will love these!
- COORDINATING PAPERS: Three full size papers in the blue and red crown patterns and the Union Jack flag. Wrap around favor boxes, line serving trays or dishes, make napkin rings, wrap bottles, matte a photograph of the royal couple...have fun with it!