Posts Tagged ‘Mermaid’
Here's what I'm showing off this week as my favorite parties added to our site... A gorgeous Wonder Woman dessert table that takes me back to my childhood, an All Hallow's Eve tea party that feels like you've stepped out of Victorian era England, a mermaid birthday on the beach where you can almost feel the mist, and a woodland vintage 3rd birthday with great shabby chic touches.
Clockwise from top left:
Happy almost Labor Day! Here are my 4 favorite parties from this week... A sweet little lamb birthday party, a glitzy mermaid party, a beautiful alphabet first birthday, and a school-themed baby shower for a teacher!
Clockwise from top left:
Wait until you see this fantastic set of free mermaid birthday printables Michelle from Printabelle designed. How perfect would these be for a little girl's birthday!
The collection includes: invitations, a birthday sign, a banner and mini banner, cupcake toppers, water bottle labels, mini candy bar wrappers, gift tags, treat toppers, and tented cards, and gift bag tags.
DOWNLOAD THE HIGH RESOLUTION FILES FOR PRINTING HERE
Thanks, Michelle, for designing such an adorable set! And remember, if you’d like any of the printables personalized, Michelle will do it for $3 per file!
(Last day to enter our $50 CSN giveaway by telling us what you love about spring!)
As I've mentioned before, I'm on a strict budget for Adelaine's party and the rule at my daughter's preschool is you have to invite the whole class. That means I'm throwing a party for 60+ people. Yikes.
So how am I dealing? Well, I'm prioritizing and trying to save where I can.
The ways I'm saving:
- I'm hosting the party at a "pocket park" right next to her preschool instead of renting a space, and I'm spreading out picnic blankets instead of renting tables and chairs.
- I'm serving only pizza, cupcakes, water, and juice. That's right, no elaborate dessert table for me. It would never fly with the other mothers at Adelaine's preschool, and I'm actually relieved about the cost savings.
- And finally, I'm borrowing everything I can from my sweet friend, Liezel Munez Gunn! Liezel is a freelance style editor who used to work at both Martha Stewart and O, The Oprah Magazine. From her, I'm borrowing fabric for the tables, cupcake trays, galvanized tubs, sea shells, and picnic blankets. It's nice to have generous friends with taste. :)
- Our entertainer is named Goofy Gil. He's an actor and theater teacher in LA whom my daughter just adores. He has that magic touch and can keep kids laughing, dancing, and entertained for hours. However, I've only booked him for one, so sorry kids. :)
- I've never hired a photographer before, but because I wanted to capture the party for posterity and for my blog (so you can all see how it turns out), I decided to bite the bullet this year. I've hired Samantha Zachrich, an LA based photographer who specializes in fashion (so if I look especially good in the photos, you know why).
So stay tuned for my next "Planning My Daughter's 4th Birthday" post to find out...
(To catch up, here are my earlier party planning posts.)
As many of you know I'm in the middle of planning a mermaid party for my daughter, Adelaine, so I'm a little mermaid crazy right now. Here are some fabulous mermaid parties from our main site I'm using for inspiration...
Sherry W's Katie's Under the Sea 4th Birthday PartyMermaid Cupcake Party
Nicole W's Under the Sea Tea Party
Roni Sugar Creations' Mermaids Party
Frog Prince Paperie's Mermaids and Scuba Divers Birthday
Heather C's Princess Under the Sea -- Sophia Turns 3
Agnes O's Maja's Mermaid Birthday Party
Peggy P's Avalee's 2nd Birthday
Oh Goodie Designs' Turning 3 By the Sea
Shawna B's Mermaid Birthday Celebration
(Decorating a dessert table? Today is the last day to enter our $25 giveaway from Superior Nut Store. It’s so easy!)
A balloon shop opened up down the street from me in Santa Monica called Balloon Celebrations. Mind you, this isn't just any balloon shop. It's the balloon shop that does all the celebrity parties and movie premieres in LA. Therefore everything they do is BIG.
In fact, this is what the outside of the store looked like on Valentine's Day.
Cyndy, the owner, is an absolute doll. When I told her my budget for my daughter's birthday (which remember, is teeny tiny), she said she couldn't do anything great for that, but wanted to help me out and make the party fabulous, so she agreed to design two gorgeous balloon bouquets and have them delivered. How amazing is that?
Here are some examples of the unbelievable designs she's done. To see everything, check out the galleries on her site Balloon Celebrations. You'll be so impressed.
Here's a sample balloon bouquet.
I can't wait to see what Cyndy does for Adelaine's party. There will of course be tons of photos.
So if you live in LA or nearby and need balloons for any occasion big or small, Balloon Celebrations is where it's at!
I have mermaids on the brain!
First, this gorgeous invitation... Lindi from Love the Day, who designed many of our holiday printables, designed this invitation and a host of other printables (cupcake toppers, "Happy Birthday" banner, favor tags, water bottle labels, etc.) for me.
All I did was tell Lindi the theme and send her a color pallet and she went to town, simple. I couldn't be happier with the result (and Lindi is so lovely to work with), but more importantly, my daughter LOVES everything! Score one for Mommy! Here are the adorable cupcake topper...
I sent the invitation out yesterday using Cocodot, the online invitation site.
I love paper invitations, but since I have such limited time, I knew this would be much easier. I uploaded the invitation, typed in all my party info, added the guests' email addresses, and boom! Of the 40 invitations sent, more than half have already responded.
I used Cocodot for my daughter's last party and liked them so much I wanted to use them again, plus I think they're classier than many of the other online invitation sites. Has anyone else used them and liked them?
I hope you stay with me as I continue on this party planning journey, and please keep in mind I'm not a party professional and I'm on a strict budget. So let's see how I pull it off. Wish me luck, or better yet, say a prayer.