Posts Tagged ‘Mms’
I was asked by M&M Mars to try out Ms. Green's Ultimate M&M's Peanut Butter Brownie Recipe. Brownies, really? Hard to say no. :)
The brownies were very easy to make and tasted delicious! The peanut butter flavor comes from the Peanut Butter M&M's you add to the recipe. I'd never tried Peanut Butter M&M's before (I'm usually a purist with my M&M's) but I must say, they were yummy. I had to stop myself from popping them in my mouth the whole time I was baking.
My brownies turned out moist, more cakey than gooey - I think I'll reduce the cooking time 5 minutes next time. One thing that happened to mine during baking was the Peanut Butter M&Ms settled on the bottom of the pan. I've heard that if you dust them with a little flour they won't sink - has anyone tried that? They still turned out pretty, however. Don't you think?
MS. GREEN’S ULTIMATE M&M’S PEANUT BUTTER BROWNIES
- Prep time: 10-15 minutes
- Bake Time: 25-30 minutes
- Yield: 32 brownies
- 4oz (about 1/4 cup) semi-sweet chocolate
- 1 cup canola oil (or vegetable)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 4 eggs
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 cups M&M’s Peanut Butter Candies
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees
2. Lightly grease a rectangular 13x9x2 inch pan
3. In a 3-quart saucepan, gently combine the semi-sweet chocolate and oil over very low heat until melted. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
4. In a separate bowl, combine the sugar, vanilla and eggs until blended. Add in the chocolate mixture. Slowly sift in the remaining dry ingredients and mix until combined.
5. Fold in 1 ½ cups of M&M’S® Peanut Butter candies.
6. Spread the batter into the pan. Sprinkle with the remaining ½ cup of candies and press lightly.
7. Bake until the brownies begin to pull away from the sides of the pan, about 25-30 minutes. Enjoy!
And here they are with a dollop of whipped cream. Yum!
Your favorite chocolate candies are bundled up for Winter in festive holiday colors. Available in Milk Chocolate, Peanut, Dark Chocolate, Peanut Butter, Almond and Pretzel. Holidays are Better with M. Learn more.
Disclosure: Compensation was provided by Mars via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Mars.
For the little kids she made homemade "art supply" favors (I know, great!), and for the older kids, she made these chocolate painters' palettes. So cute. Well, here's how...
I created a template which you can download for free.
- I printed out my template, placed it on a cookie tray and covered it with wax paper.
- In a double boiler I melted chocolate then placed the melted chocolate in a piping bag.
- With the piping bag I traced the outline of the palette on the template then filled in the outline with more chocolate.
- I used the back of a spoon to smooth each palette out then placed a red, yellow, green and blue M&M onto the soft chocolate to resemble paint drops.
- When finished, I popped the tray into the fridge to harden the chocolate.
- Once they were hard, I wrapped each pallet in a plastic bag and tied it up with bakers twine.