Posts Tagged ‘Polymer Clay’
- Polymer clay you can find at your local craft store
- Cookie cutter
- Rolling pin
- Parchment paper
- Alphabet stamp kit
- Soften your polymer clay in your hands, working it for a few minutes until it's malleable.
- Once it is softened, roll it between two pieces of parchment paper using a rolling pin, until it’s about ¼ inch thick.
- Using a cookie cutter, cut out your ornament shape.
- Stamp with any words you like using an alphabet stamp set. If you don’t have a stamp set, you can also write on the clay with pencil.
- Use a complimentary clay color to add little details… I added polka dots, a heart, and even a mini ribbon.
- Using a sharp object, poke a hole toward the top of the ornament for the ribbon to thread through. I used an open paperclip to make mine.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes at 230 degrees until they become hard.
- Once cool, thread your ribbon and tie, then hang the ornaments on your tree.
- Wait for people to notice how pretty they are :)