Posts Tagged ‘Snowflakes’
Wouldn't these make a great holiday gift! In fact, I know after Jen took these photos, she wrapped hers up and gave them as a hostess gift. Lucky hostess!
- 3 inch snowflake cookie cutter (see shape below)
- Royal icing
- White Pearl Dust (Wilton)
- Squeeze bottle
- Pastry bag with #2 tip
- Small bag clip
Using your snowflake cookie cutter, make your snowflake sugar cookies. Here's a great sugar cookie recipe, if you need one.
Dilute ⅔ of the royal icing (here's Alton Brown's royal icing recipe, if you need one) to corn syrup consistency and put in squeeze bottle. The other ⅓ should be thicker for piping easily. It should fall off a spoon slowly. Add pearl dust to both for a little shimmer. Fill the pastry bag with #2 tip and secure with bag clip. Have toothpicks handy.
Outline cookie using icing in the pastry bag.
Using the squeeze bottle, fill in the outlined area with icing. This is called flooding. Use the tip of the squeeze bottle to spread the icing all the way to the borders. After flooding, break any air bubbles with toothpick. Let the icing set for an hour or two.
With piping icing, draw three straight lines from point to point on the snowflake, crossing in the center.
Next, add snowflake embellishments as desired.
Finish with dots around the center. The cookies need to set for several hours before they can be stacked.
If you are planning to throw a baby shower this holiday season, boy, are you in luck! Amy from Paperlicious, has generously offered this 'snowflake" holiday baby shower collection to our readers for free. These coordinate beautifully with the holiday baby shower invitations she sells on her site.
The printables collection includes: party circles, tented cards (that you can add your own text to), cupcake wrappers, and a baby shower banner (that you can also add your own text to). Look how adorable they are!!
DOWNLOAD THE HIGH RESOLUTION FILES FOR PRINTING:
- Party circles
- Water bottle labels (fits most 16oz bottles)
- Cupcake wrappers (solid)
- Cupcake wrappers (snowflake)
- Tented cards (add your own text)
- Banner (add your own text)
Thank you again, Amy, for letting us give these away!
I'm also kicking off our first Etsy Team Designer Challenge for the holidays. The theme is "snowflakes."
By entering and designing items that incorporate the theme, not only will you get a chance to show off your handmade "snowflake" holiday goods on our site, but you could also win an HP Officejet 7500A Printer.
So here's how you enter:
- Have an Etsy shop
- List yourself in our free Catch My Party vendor directory: catchmyparty.com/vendors (Click on the light blue link in the upper right-hand corner of the page that says "Add your listing to our vendor directory." If you're not a member, please join our site, then head back to the vendor page to fill in your info. Once you're done you should see your listing immediately on our vendor page.)
- Add your handmade snowflake-themed items to your Etsy shop by midnight (PST) November 30th and tag them "CMPsnowflake."
- You will automatically be entered into our HP Officejet 7500A Printer giveaway.
Then I will do a random drawing on Thursday, December 1st to determine the winner of our printer giveaway!
Happy crafting! I can't wait to see what you come up with! And please share this challenge with all your Etsy teams and Etsy circles.