What could be better for a Super Bowl party than delicious, messy, juicy Buffalo wings!
Here's my husband's favorite Buffalo wings recipe. We try to make them a little healthier by baking them (and this way you don't have to worry about the hassle of frying), but I promise you do not sacrifice on flavor. You still get all that tangy, spicy, crunchy goodness!
The blue cheese dipping sauce (which is very blue cheesy, btw) is a perfect counterbalance to the heat from the wings. And we like to keep things pretty traditional by using Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce.
I promise these wings will get your guests talking, or at least saying, "Mmmmm...," while they're wiping their mouths.
- 18-20 wings
- Pat your wings dry (it will help them crisp up)
- Generously salt wings.
- Place wings on a wire rack
- Bake at 450 degrees for 45 minutes or until golden brown.
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) butter
- 1/2 cup hot sauce , preferably Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Melt the butter, and in a large bowl combine it with hot sauce, brown sugar, and vinegar.
- When wings are done, add wings to mixture and coat.
- 1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- 1 bunch fresh chives, minced
- To prepare the dressing, place the blue cheese, buttermilk, and olive oil in a medium bowl and stir together with a fork, mashing a little to break up the cheese.
- Season with the lemon juice, salt, pepper, and chives.
- Chill until serving.
My husband and I like ours medium spicy, but if you want to add some heat, just swap in Frank's XTRA Hot Sauce and go to town! :)