Rainbow parties are the craze and of course Ava was head over heels when I told her the idea. I thought the best way to sum up the party is to write of a list of things to remember when throwing a party.
1) Make sure to take time to take photos. Birthday honoree, guests and the little details of your party.
2) If your party is during the time of year where it may rain or snow during your party? Have a back up plan. If that means no outside available. Have entertainment or activities. Occupying 30 3-6 year olds for three hours was going to be a daunting task. Keep in mind your age range. Coloring and crafts seems to always be fun for all ages. Great entertainment is always a plus too. Thank you Carmen the Clown. You saved the day!
3) Try to do something new. Rainbow cake was the something new. I am not a baker and I with help from my sister who ended up pushing me out of the kitchen we were able to do something really fun that was a lot easier than I thought.
4) Dust off the sewing machine. I had a great time making the crepe rainbow streamers. Simple and gorgeous to hang like garland or against a wall. Simple party decoration but when two colors or even three are sewn together, can make for a very bold back drop.
5) Most importantly stop, enjoy and cherish your little birthday honoree. Six years go by really fast. I love you Miss Ava Simone!
Miss Holiday Rose
Candy, cupcakes, rainbow cake
Activities / Games
Carmen the Clown, magic show, face painting, tattoos, crafts, coloring pages and magic sketch pictures.
Candy, punch balls, goodie bag trinkets, crafts and balloons
Singing Happy Birthday to Ava Simone
What People Ate
Veggies, Rainbow Fruit, Pesto Salad, Potato Salad, Mac N Cheese and Fried Chicken
What People Drank
Water and Juice
Most Touching Moment
Seeing Ava's face when she saw the inside of the rainbow cake.
Magic Show. Carmen the Clown was great. She had the kids laughing so loud.
The streamer wall.
Such a simple party decoration. One color sewn to another. Made for a great wall backdrop. The best tutorial that I found was from "Dana Made It" blog. http://www.danamadeit.com/2011/05/tutorial-ruffled-streamers.html
Rainbow parties are the craze and of course a rainbow cake goes with it. I do not consider myself a baker and after watching my sister do it (all I could do was add the food coloring to the batter). I feel very confident I can do it myself. Also, trick I learned after online searching, "how far in advance can I make a cake?" As soon as the cake comes out of the oven, freeze it. Wrap it in foil then inside a slip lock bag. Please note: this was a 10" pan that needed a 2gal freezer bag. the day of party a few hours before pull it out and frost cake. Place back in frig to set and then bring back out an hour before you serve. Yay! Thanks internet for all the info.
Carmen the Clown
If you live in the Los Angeles area she is a must. From the moment she walked into the room and by the time she left, the children LOVED her. Best face painter I have seen so far. Beautiful work.
Carmen The ClownIf you live in the Los Angeles Area and need entertainment, Carmen the Clown was the BEST! I would definitely hire her and suggest her to family and friends. My bouncy fell through because of the rain and on very short notice (two hours) my sister had Carmen's information and she was there by 1pm. Party started at noon. She had the kids laughing so loud during her magic show and her face painting skills were amazing. You won't be disappointed.