When my daughter Julianne turned 2 yrs old, we wanted to show her what a little rainbow she was in our lives! I had fun baking her a six-layer rainbow cake, planning out rainbow food and treats, and even designing a number of rainbow party stations.
See more pictures and get the recipes at http://craftyparty.webs.com/rainbows Enjoy the rainbow party!
Rainbow Cake (six layers, made from 3 white cake box mixes), Rainbow Rice Krispies, Rainbow Jello, Rainbow Candies (M & Ms, Skittles, Rainbow Twizzlers, Rainbow Fruit Chews, Rainbow Gummis)
Activities / Games
Rainbow Ball Toss, Rainbow Coloring, Rainbow Pattern Play, Rainbow Edible Jewelry, Rainbow Box Maze
Homemade Rainbow Crayons, Rainbow Stickers, Rainbow Notebook, Rainbow Lollipop, Rainbow Twizzlers, Chocolate Gold Coins (from the end of the rainbow!)
Seeing my daughter's face as we cut into that TALL six-layer rainbow birthday cake!
What People Ate
Rainbow Popcorn, Rainbow Goldfish, Rainbow Fruits, Rainbow Veggies, Make Your Own Rainbow Sandwich (a rainbow array of meats, cheeses, and sandwich toppings)
What People Drank
Make Your Own Rainbow Drink (Mix juices: Cranberry, Apple, Pineapple, Hawaiian Punch Berry Rush, Hawaiian Punch Polar Blast, Grape)
* Rainbow invitations, party signs, napkin rings, and treat bag toppers designed by 2CutePartyPrints on Etsy.com
* Rainbow dress made by mapletree2000 on Etsy.com
* Rainbow hair bows made by emmyscloset on Etsy.com
* Rainbow notebooks, lollipops, small colored tins, flags, flower banner from Oriental Trading Company
* Rainbow swirls, Circular paper lanterns from Party City
* Happy Birthday Banner from Target
* Clear pitchers and bowls from Dollar Tree
* Rainbow Ball Toss board borrowed from my neighbor (a gym teacher!)