PhotosView all 7 photos →
- All of the party circles and water bottle wraps were desi... [read more]
- Planning the food is one of my favorite things but it can... [read more]
- I used a softball on top of the cupcake stand and my pers... [read more]
- After dinner we had a sports obstacle course that consist... [read more]
- With the help of my SUPPORTIVE husband we set up the gym ... [read more]
- Just a few of my favorites details from this party: The c... [read more]
We'd love you to leave a comment, but you need to be logged in.
My little #3 turned 3! He's such an active, sports loving kid, I had to do a sports themed party to celebrate. I spent months brainstorming, shopping, creating and preparing for his party. There are so many fun ways you could take this theme: balls, one specific sport, a few sports, all sports, Olympics..... I decided that since he is still so young and doesn't have one favorite sport, I wanted to incorporate his four favorites: Football, Soccer, Basketball and Baseball. After choosing these sports I needed to come up with a color scheme. After experimenting with several combinations of colors, I decided that red, white and blue would work well with my "All American" sports theme.
I scoured the Internet and etsy for invitations and printables to go along with my theme but I didn't find any that fit the vision I had in my head, so I learned how to make my own! This is part of what took so much time preparing for the party. It took me hours to design the invitation, party circles, pennants, banners and mini buntings. I thoroughly enjoyed the process and was pleased with the final product and the way they pulled the party together.
I love celebrating birthdays and I spend a significant amount of time and effort to do so, but I am not a fan of spending a lot of money. So when it came to a location I thought it would be fun to have it somewhere "sporty". However, since it is winter I couldn't have it at a park or baseball field and I don't usually pay for a special location so I decided that reserving our church gym would give us room to eat and play on a "court".
I hope you enjoy the pictures of the details as much as my big 3 year old loved his party!