My daughter is a huge fan of her teddies so the theme for her 6th birthday party was easy - Teddy Bears Picnic.
The children snacked on honey sandwiches and fruit, a pink swirly lollipop and ‘Spring Water’ housed in personalized white gable boxes tied with pink gingham ribbon and displayed on a piece of artificial lawn with a gingham cloth atop.
Sweet treats on the dessert table included: 'beary yummy' vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream decorated with edible images to match the invitations and other printables, honey mousse, trifle, raspberry jelly, sugar cookies, mini chocolate bars and candy. Treats were displayed on a table with pink gingham and grass mats, with a complementary gingham and polka dot background. Rosettes hung in the background, but the wind played havoc with these – they had a mind of their own!
I wanted to design a fun and whimsical sweet picnic cake. The picnic featured a topsy turvy honey pot, watermelon, a gooey pink cake, cupcake, cookies, scones and a fluffy cuddly bear enjoying the sweet treats.
· ‘You’d better go in disguise’ - Bear ears with pink bows displayed in a small vintage suitcase
· Teddy Bear sunflowers in plantable biodegradable pot with a message reading:
A little seed
For me to sow,
A little earth to make it grow.
A little hole,
A little pat,
A little wish and that is that.
A little sun,
A little shower,
A little while
And then a flower.
· ‘Beary yummy treats in a favour gable candy box including mini teddy cookies and honey bear candy.
· Watercolour painting of images used in the printables
· Teddy Bear Treasure hunt
· Teddy Bear musical statues
· Face painting
· Pin the Bee on the Bear
· Teddy songs played all afternoon
Sofi P Photography