PhotosView all 19 photos →
- The little graveyard idea came from Hostess with the Mos... [read more]
- Another graveyard. Marshmallow Peeps ghosts, cookie gra... [read more]
- The entry table included a matted and framed invitation, guest book, Kleenex box, and funeral wreath
- Made the door sign from a wooden plaque from Michaels, a... [read more]
- Yard sale purchased skeletons on Goodwill candlesticks, ... [read more]
We'd love you to leave a comment, but you need to be logged in.
To celebrate my husband's 40th birthday, we had a Funeral Party to mourn the passing of his youth. As his birthday is two weeks shy of Halloween, this theme seemed to work in well with our decorations. We had such fun preparing and crafting for this party, using many ideas found on websites such as Catch My Party, Hostess with the Mostess, etc.
Caramel apple station, Chocolate pumpkin cake, Voodoo cupcakes (which had a Nutella frosting and little handmade marzipan bones for decoration), chocolate dipped pretzels, and tombstone cookies.
Individually wrapped cookies and black & white swirled lollipops.
What People Ate
Appetizers were catered for the most part. We had an antipasto platter, cheese platter, empanadas, smoked fish stuffed mushrooms, cucumber slices with a salmon mousse, etc.
What People Drank
Pumpkin beer, sangria, wine, soda and water. I labeled the water bottles with "Tears of Sorrow" but never got a picture of them.
Receiving Depends and denture cleaning tablets as a gift!