Beautiful Wedding Garland in soft vintage pink, blush colors. Wish Flags used as a inspirational Bunting - a very meaningful interactive decoration for a wedding, bridal shower ,birthday party, baptism, New Year Party, Winter Solstice. This bunting with wonderful purple and pink flower patterns will add extra charm to your party or gathering. It can be used as a wonderful inspirational banner in any space.
Create your own personal wish flags/ prayer flags to represent positive things you want in your life. These flags are a great way to manifest your wishes, gratitude and blessings - and send them out into the world!
This Inspirational Banner Kit comes with with 6 flags, which are made of two layers of fabric. This set induces flags that are slightly bigger then regular sized flags that I have in my store http://www.etsy.com/listing/68311946/fabric-wish-flags-kit-baby-shower. Background layer is a printed cotton fabric approximately 8 1/2" x 7 " and front smaller plain white piece is about 4"x 5". Kit also includes color-coordinated string to hang the flags and one black permanent marker.Let me know if you would like to have a longer banner, any additional flag is $3.
Wish Flags can be used for many different occasions. For example:
-Birthday Flags - guests can write birthday wishes for the special birthday girl or boy .
- Seasonal Ceremonies-like equinox, winter solstice.
-Religious Ceremonies, like Baptism, First Communion, Confirmation, Bar / Bat Mitzah etc.
- Graduation Flags- wish flags are a great way for classmates to manifest good wishes for a graduation student.
- Appreciation Flags - What do you love the most? What are you thankful for? What brings you happiness? A great tradition for Thanksgiving Day or during Holiday Season. My family has a tradition of hanging a few sets of flags every winter solstice,the kids are always excited to join the annual ritual.
- Family Flags - Manifest love, dreams and hopes for your family. All family members can create flags that are then strung together. A bonding ritual can become a yearly tradition. A great way to show each other how much your family means.
- Affirmation Flags - Display your wishes and hopes for yourself, your community and the world.
- Wedding Flags- Filled with good wishes from your guests, this will be a wonderful momento of your special day - be it a shower or wedding.
- Baby Shower Flags- A memorable keepsake for your baby shower. Guests will fill the flags with wonderful wishes and blessings for the baby and parents-to-be.
- Get Well Flags- For that somebody special who is recovering from an accident or illness, a great way to show your support and bring them positive energy.
Traditional Tibetan Prayer Flags are inscribed with symbols, prayers and mantras. Let you imagination blossom and create your own flags that will represent your thoughts through writing, drawing, stenciling and embroidery. The possibilities are endless... The easiest way method is to use markers, such as fine- point Sharpies. For younger kids, we suggest writing or drawing first in pencil, then tracing it over with permanent marker when you are satisfied with your work. Before you start writing, place a thick piece of paper under the blank cotton fabric to prevent accidental staining on printed fabric. You can secure the fabric from moving by taping it to the paper. After you are done creating, string your flags together and hang them in the special place.
Prayer flags are meant to be hang outside where wind will be able to move them. Ideal places would be branches of trees, across the top of a porch, between two stakes, or on fences. Whenever you see your flags dancing in the wind, you can feel your messages of goodwill, hope or blessing spread on the wind into the world.
Wish Flags are made of cotton, which is a natural fiber. Exposing them to the elements and seasons causes fading, which symbolizes the release of blessings. Also, disintegration of flags is a reminder of the impermanence of reality. The tradition of hanging new flags besides fading, older flags symbolizes a welcoming of life's changes and helps us understand that all beings are part of the continuing cycle of birth and death.
According to Wikipedia, "Traditionally, prayer flags are used to promote peace, compassion, strength, and wisdom. The flags do not carry prayers to 'gods,' a common misconception, rather, Tibetans believe their prayers and mantras will be blown by the wind to spread good will and compassion into all pervading spaces. Therefore, prayer flags are thought to bring benefit to all."
Gift wrapping available.
Set is ready to go and will ship right away.
For more wish flag designs check out wish flags section http://www.etsy.com/shop/stitchinnetka?section_id=10334590 or I can make custom flags with fabrics of your choice http://www.etsy.com/shop/stitchinnetka?ref=si_shop