Virginie, from That Cute Little Cake with a "sweet" way to decorate your Valentine's Day cake. How adorable is this!If you are looking for a fun and easy way to decorate a cake this Valentine's Day, then I have just the right thing for you: candy cake bunting!!!
Cake bunting (little decorations strung on top of cakes) has been so popular these past couple of years, that I could not resist revisiting the concept... And since Valentine's Day is all about candy, this is exactly what I used to create those sweet decorations!
- Candy (gummy hearts, marshmallow... any soft candy you like)
- Paper straws or skewers
What foods do I love on Valentine's Day? Mouthwatering sweets and desserts! I put together this collection on Foodie.com of some of my favorite Valentine's Day treats, or as I like to call the collection, "14 Valentine's Day Desserts that Will Make You Fall in Love!"
The photos themselves make my heart beat a little faster and give me that tiny flutter in my stomach. Kind of feels like falling in love, doesn't it?
I'll be in Hawaii with my husband and daughter on Valentine's Day this year. If that's not an indulgence in itself, I don't know what is. But I plan for us to celebrate with a special dinner and big decadent dessert. If you follow me on Instagram, you'll see all the gory details. http://instagram.com/catchmyparty
Now check out my collection and see if you get that flutter...
This is a sponsored post by Foodie.com.
Happy Super Bowl Sunday! If you get a quick break from the game, check out my favorite party picks for the week...
- Cynthia M's Modern Farm Party
- Shauna K's Tweet Heart Party
- The Candy Box and More's Popeye Party
- Johanny M's Sweet Ballerina 1st Birthday
I wanted to share the posts I did for Spoonful this week...
Check out this roundup of all kinds of free Valentine's Day printables!For more party ideas and inspiration, check out all my posts on Spoonful!
I'll admit it... I watch the Super Bowl for the ads, not the game. In fact, I'm the annoying person who shushes people during the commercials. :)
So I was excited when Coke approached me about sharing their Super Bowl ad that's going to air during the second half of the game. I found it really uplifting. I love a story that shows the triumph of the underdog! Take a look and see what you think. I bet it will make you smile, too. :)
If you like the ad, please share it! Once it has been shared 10,000 times, Coca Cola will donate $50,000 to Boys & Girls Clubs of America Triple Play Program, wellness program that improves the overall health of it's young members. And if there is an organization that celebrates the triumph of the underdog, it's BGCA!
We're also excited because Coke has also given us a Coca Cola party kit (worth $100) to give to one of our lucky users!
The kit includes:
- Coca-Cola product
- Domino’s Pizza gift card ($50 value)
- Coca-Cola 12-oz. can glasses set (four glass per set)
- Coca-Cola Refreshing Recipe book
- Coca-Cola mini football
- Coca-Cola pizza cutter
- Galvanized Large Party tub
- 2 Coca-Cola Contour Bottle T-shirts
For some behind the scenes footage of how Coke made the ad, check out this video:
Promotional consideration for this content was provided by The Coca-Cola Company; however, Catch My Party is fully responsible for this giveaway. All opinions expressed in this content are our own and not those of The Coca-Cola Company.
The Super Bowl is finally here! While some fans will be braving the cold watching the game at the stadium, here are some tips and ideas for enjoying the game in the comfort of your own warm home, surrounded by friends!
1) Free football party printablesParty printables are a great way to give your party style and polish without spending a ton. I used the free Game Day printable set on Catch My Party to decorate my table. There were so many fun files to choose from. I used the banner, water bottle labels, signs, and straw flags. I just printed them out, cut them out and got styling!
They even have a downloadable printable file with team logos you can use!
2) Artificial turf as my tableclothI used a roll of artificial turf that I picked up at Home Depot for less than $20, and set it out as my table cover. It was the perfect way to set the stage for my table.
3) DIY DecorI found a couple of small, clear clipboards from the 99cent Only Store, and spray painted them black. They served as great holders for the signs I created to decorate my table. I also wrapped a piece of foam board with black and white chevron wrapping paper to serve as my table backdrop.
4) Inexpensive serving dishes and platesI also set out my food using football themed party trays & platters I found at Target a few years back. The paper plates and napkins were from Party City. I just keep my eye out for inexpensive themed trays and platters, and have started a collection.
5) Party foodI served fun, festive, and inexpensive finger foods. Who doesn't like pizza at a football party? I served pizza bread & dipping sauce as my main dish...
I also served popcorn in mini bags to make my guests feel like they were at the game...
And chocolate cupcakes for a quick, easy dessert! My cupcakes were store bought, so I dressed them up with printable toppers and themed cupcake wrappers.
I also added labels to the water bottles, and added printable straw flags to my brown and white paper straws. This gave my beverages a simple makeover.
Hope you can use these ideas for your party. Until then, stay warm, and go Seattle... I mean, Denver!Thank you, Laura, for these easy Game Day party tips. I wish I could come to your house on Sunday! To learn more about Laura, find her at Laura's Little Party and on Facebook and Pinterest.
I just printed mine out, put it in a frame, and here's what it looks like on my daughter's wall. Now she'll always be reminded how much we love her!
We're also part of a blog hop with some of my talented friends who are giving away fantastic free printables for Valentine's Day! Take a look...
For more party inspiration, check out all these Disney Cars birthday party ideas on our site!
Wait until you see the parties I chose this week as my 4 favorites, I'm in love with them!
The cowboys all gathered at this Western themed birthday party; so many cute treats (including these beer mug cake pops) and beer at this Oktoberfest beer tasting; a puppy love party that will remind you of young love; and the Minions makes a fantastic appearance at this very fun Despicable Me party!
Clockwise from top left:
I wanted to share the posts I did for Spoonful this week...
Get ready for your child's Valentine's Day classroom party with these fun ideas! Hang something pretty on the wall for Valentine's Day with these pretty creations! Have any old crayons you'd like to recycle? How about making them into crayon hearts, perfect for classroom gifts!
For more party ideas and inspiration, check out all my posts on Spoonful!