Posts Tagged ‘Barbecue’
- Made on a grill
- Uses 1 cup of Dole products
- Includes no more than 7 additional ingredients
- Can be made in under an hour
I love a challenge, so I was happy to participate, but I wanted to come up with something that would taste great grilled but would be a little surprising...
That's why I came up with these grilled strawberry banana basil empanadas with a touch of cayenne pepper! The bananas add sweetness, the strawberries bring tang, the basil provides earthiness, and the cayenne pepper that nice pop of heat.
I can't tell you how delicious they are. And what makes them so unique is the grilling. The slightly charred crust perfectly complements the sweet, tangy, soft, spicy insides.
These are definitely worth trying especially since they're simple to make.
To see the whole recipe, head here to Foodie.com.
Also, if you don't want to come up with a recipe but still want to be part of the contest, Dole is running a sweepstakes where the winner gets to be a Fan Judge of the Cook-Off, with a free a trip to LA and $500 in cash. Not bad...
Compensation was provided by Dole via Glam Media. The opinions expressed herein are those of the author and are not indicative of the opinions or positions of Dole.
How fun and fabulous is this free "star" collection of July 4th party printables from Ana at Love Party Printables. Ana lives in Portugal and was still excited to design these. Thank you, Ana!
The collection includes: invitations, party circles, party flags, tented cards (2 varieties), water bottle labels, napkin rings, favor tags, and a "Happy July 4th" banner. They're so bright and cheery and everything you need to throw yourself a great party!
Download the high resolution files for printing:Love Party Printables.
If you use these for your party, please send photos to jillian (at) catchmyparty so I can post them. I love showing off what you do!
Time is flying. We're already thinking about July 4th over here, so it's time to roll out our first collection of FREE July 4th printables designed by Brady from 9 to 5 Mom. This collection definitely makes me feel proud to be an American. :)
The collection includes: invitations, party circles, tented cards, drink straw flags, favor tags, sparkler holders with directions (cool, right?!), matchbox covers, and my favorite part... a "Let Freedom Ring" banner.
Download the high resolution files for printing:
- Party circles
- Tented cards
- Tags for drink straws
- Favor tags
- Sparkler holder
- Matchbox covers
- "Let Freedom Ring" banner
If you use these for your July 4th party, please send photos to jillian (at) catchmyparty.com, so I can show off what you do.
It looks easy and only takes about an hour.
For the Topping:
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened, plus more for the baking dish
- 1/2 cup cornmeal
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds
- 4 cups blueberries
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons cold unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter a 2-quart shallow baking dish or eight 6-ounce ramekins (if you are using ramekins, double the filling).
- Make the topping: Whisk the cornmeal, flour, brown sugar and salt in a bowl. Stir in the almonds. Work in the butter with your fingers until evenly moistened.
- Make the filling: Toss the blueberries, granulated sugar, flour and lemon juice in a bowl.
- Transfer the filling to the prepared dish or ramekins and dot with 2 tablespoons butter. Squeeze handfuls of the crumble mixture and scatter on top of the fruit. Bake until golden and bubbly, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Let sit 10 minutes before serving. Top with whipped cream or ice cream, if desired. (Oh, I desire!)
Also, if you need any fun free Memorial Day printables, check out these festive party circles.
I love these posts. Two people sent me photos of how they used our printables at their parties. I can't tell you how happy this makes me!
This photo was sent in by Rachel F who used our free graduation printables designed by Tea Party Designs. The polka dot cupcake liners are a nice touch.
This photo was sent in by Cook, Make and Laugh who used our free Memorial Day printables designed by Amy Mattes Designs. What pretty burgers. :)
Thank you for sending.
If you use our free printables, please send photos so I can post them!