Posts Tagged ‘Wreaths’
I wanted to share the posts I did for Spoonful this week...
Check out these wild and fun zebra party ideas, perfect for a female birthday or shower!
Bug Parties are such a fantastic theme for kids, great for girls and boys!
Get ready to welcome fall with one of these gorgeous wreaths! Can you believe it's almost here?
For lots more party ideas, check out all my posts on Spoonful!
How cute for Valentine's Day!
Eileen Behar of Behar Party Designs created this tulle heart wreath tutorial for us to share. Thank you, Eileen!
This wreath is a lot easier to make than it looks. All you need are the following items from your local craft store and a little patience (sometimes hard for me).
- 1 styrofoam heart wreath base
- 1 large roll of red wedding tulle (or pink, whatever choice of colors that you choose, or you can make more than one color)
- Cut your tulle into about 8 inch strips (I tend to cut about 10 at a time and then start to tie on the wreath base so I don’t cut too much of my tulle and have spare left over for another project)
- Take the tulle and tie it around the base – I started at the top peak of the heart (NOTE: top peak and bottom point are the trickiest to cover). I tie a double knot and then take another piece of tulle and criss cross tie it over the previous knot, so there is a double overlay for each. Here are some photos demonstrating the knot.
- Continue the above step until you have covered the entire heart base.
- When all is covered, take your scissors and trim the tulle to your liking so it has the dimensions and shape you are looking for . (I actually cut and trim as I go along, but everyone has their own way of doing things.)
- Use your favorite tulle or ribbon and loop through the tulle in the back of the top part of the wreath to create a hanger and VOILA.. A beautiful, inexpensive Valentine’s Day wreath for a gift or to decorate your home or office.
If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me at beharpartydesigns(at)yahoo(dot)com.
Thank you, Eileen, for sharing your easy tutorial with us!
There are so many gorgeous wreaths on our site. What's great about a wreath is it sets the tone of the party from the minute you walk in the door. Plus, you can get really creative with them. Here are some made out of paper, vines, diapers, balloons, ribbons, and even extension cords and (one that's not exactly a wreath, but so pretty I had to add it).
Eleanor T's All in Due Time Couples Shower
Maegan's Garden Spa Baby ShowerModern Gray and Yellow "Feather Her Nest" Shower
Kristy's Griffin's Monster Jam Dirtfest 7thHoney-Do Shower Welcome Baby Kaleb Shower She's About to POP Baby Shower
Caroline B's Brown + Blue Birdy Shower
Nneka M's Jackie's All White Bridal Shower
Pam B's AC's Lemonade Stand